Monday 6 February 2012

A Poem

I was in bed last night when I thought of this poem and I just had to write it down.
I'm very happy with how it turned out and thought I'd share it with you guys.
So here it is.
Enjoy!
Rosie
                                               


The Brumby
In outback Australia,
Where gumtrees often grow,
There lives a herd of brumbies,
Around where small streams flow.

I travel out on horseback,
And hope I catch a glimpse,
Of flying manes and dusty coats,
A sight that many miss.

I turn around a bend,
And suddenly I see,
A powerful chestnut stallion,
Staring down at me.

If you've never seen a brumby,
Then it's likely you don't know,
The look of wild beauty,
Its searching eyes can show.

Suddenly he rears,
And gallops out of sight,
But at least I saw a brumby,
And witnessed his great might.

Though Africa has Zebras,
And America Mustangs,
I believe we aussies,
Should keep brumbies in our land.

1 comment:

  1. I love it Rosie!!!!!
    also, if your "follow" other blogs, they most likly will follow you and post comments!!!(but you have to do your share aswell!!!)
    Love Sararose

    ReplyDelete